CNX Dongle Setup Instructions
1. Upgrade your CNX Nano, Mini, Duo or Trio with the latest "Upgrade" file.
2. After the upgrade goto Menu -> Accessory ->RS-232 Mode and select Type to Dongle.
3. Connect the CNX Dongle to the RS-232 Serial Port.
4. Connect the Category 5 Patch cable to the CNX Dongle.
5. After about 10 seconds the CNX Dongle will boot up complete and will activate the network settings. You should notice the ethernet turn on and light up your router or switch port.
Go to Menu -> System Information
On the very bottom line it should show the CNX Dongle software version
6. If it shows the version it means connected but if it shows Unknown it means not connected.
7. When Connected go to USB Menu and select the DGL(cnx dongle upgrade file.).
A. It should start to upgrade the CNX Dongle.
B. After the upgrade please check the System Information in the Menu and make sure the upgraded version is the latest (IX-X00-N_A2.0.8_T1826.dgl)
8. Go to Menu Accessory -> RS-232 Mode and select Network IP Setup.
9. Your CNX receiver will then read the dongle IP information and display it. If the IP information shows Auto or Maual it means the IP setup has been previously configured.
A. If it shows Not Used it means the setup has not yet been done. If your Category V patch cable is good and it appears there is no problem with the physical connection, please select Auto and Apply.
B. IF you dont see IP information after 20 to 30 seconds there is likely a problem with DHCP on your network or you may need to do a manual network setup.
10. When the network setup has been performed successfully, go to a Bev or DN N3 encrypted channel and the CNX Dongle will try to connect to the IKS server.
A. Many Dish and Bev channels should be working for now. More channels will come very soon and will be posted on the CNX Dongle Channel List.
B. If no video/audio shows up on your CNX it means that there is some sort of problem, which may include a problem with the software and/or the server or your network connection failed.