1/2 cup Butter, room temperatureMakes 12 to 15 cookies.
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
1/3 cup Brown sugar
1 Large egg
1/2 teas Vanilla extract
1 cup (+ 2 teas) All Purpose Flour
1/2 teas Salt
1/2 teas Baking Soda
1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Coarsely Chopped Walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Beat the butter and both sugars in a large mixing bowl until light
and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
3. Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda in another bowl. Add the dry
ingredients to the batter and mix until well blended. Stir in the
chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Drop the dough by small scoops 2 to 3 inches apart on an ungreased
cookie sheet. Flatten each scoop with the back of a spoon to about 3
inches in diameter.
5. Bake until the centers are still slightly soft to the touch, 11 to
14 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer
to racks to cool completely.