2 tablespoons butter8) Finish with heavy cream. Serve.
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced leeks
1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 tablespoons flour
1 quart milk
1 cup clams in juice
1 cup diced potatoes
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon dry thyme
1/2 cup heavy cream
1) In a soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery,
leeks and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes mixing often.
2) Remove from heat and add flour, mixing well.
3) Add milk and whisk vigorously.
4) Drain clams and add juice to soup.
5) Slowly bring to a boil, mixing often. Reduce heat to a simmer.
6) Add potatoes and seasonings, simmer 10 minutes.
7) Add clams and simmer 5 − 8 minutes.