How do you transfer photoshop to a new computer?

drummergirl224

I just got a new laptop and would like to move photoshop cs2 to it from my old computer. I don't have the original disk so I wanted to know if there's a way to get the activation codes some other way? Or do you use activation transfer and does that give you the codes?

Sana

The built-in backup and restore functions in Photoshop Elements Organizer are ideal for transferring all your photos and data to a new computer. The backup process backs up your catalog, photos, movies, audio, captions, creations... all of it! When you choose the restore function, there is an option to restore to a new location (your new PC) and you also have an option to maintain the same directory structure that you had before.The following tutorials will help you if you're not familiar with Photoshop Elements' backup features: * Backing Up Your Photos with Photoshop Elements Organizer * Step-by-Step Guide to Backing Up Your CatalogIf you want to ensure your metadata is always retained within the files, it's also a good idea to use the "File > Write Tag Info To Files" command. This will embed the keyword tags and captions within the photo file, and any IPTC compatible software will be able to read them. However, it is not a substitute for the backup and restore functions when you are switching to a new computer.