What size should I make photoshop file that is to be used as a Dreamweaver website?

nevergonnagetus

I've heard that websites look different on all monitors. If I am making my layout in Photoshop and then using Adobe Dreamweaver.. How do I get my website to look good on every computer. What is the process? Do I just have to make it a certain dimension?Thanks very much!

Robin G

You can take width 800 to 1024 px (pixels).. (width of the minimum screen resolution you wish to support).. height could be anything according to the content... you can align the layout table on center and give some background color or texture.

B K

Surely you are not trying to make a website using a Photoshop file? For a start, web browsers won't display psd files. You would need to compress graphics to gif or jpeg before using them within Dreamweaver. Of course websites will look different on different monitors, what you need to do is design your website so it fits on most people's screens. Make your page no wider than 1024 pixels - 800 wide is preferable. What is probably more important is that you check your website works with all the most popular browsers, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera.

Brien

lately the standard size for many flash and dreamweaver sites is 1024X768. however since many people are using and continue to get widescreen monitors for computers a lot of designers are going with 1680X1050. remember to always set your "Resolution" (under Image>Image Size) to 72, this is standard web resolution and it will keep your website from being too large and taking too long to load once it is complete. also, never forget to create things in RGB, just in case you did know.