41 songs qualify for Oscar consideration

BROWNNOSE

BOOTLICKER
41 songs qualify for Oscar consideration

LOS ANGELES, -- Forty-one songs from eligible feature-length motion pictures are in contention for nomination in the Original Song category for Hollywood's 83rd Academy Awards.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced the song titles Wednesday.
The original songs, listed in alphabetical order, are: "Alice" from "Alice in Wonderland"; "Forever One Love" and "Freedom Song" from "Black Tulip"; "Bound to You," "Welcome to Burlesque" and "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" from "Burlesque"; "There's a Place for Us" from "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader"; "Coming Home" and "Me and Tennessee" from "Country Strong."
Also eligible for Oscar consideration are "Despicable Me" and "Prettiest Girls" from "Despicable Me;" "Dear Laughing Doubters" from "Dinner for Schmucks"; "Better Days" from "Eat Pray Love"; "If You Run" from "Going the Distance"; "Darkness Before the Dawn" from "Holy Rollers"; "Sticks & Stones" from "How to Train Your Dragon"; "Le Gris" from "Idiots and Angels"; "Chanson Illusionist" from "The Illusionist"; "Never Say Never" from "The Karate Kid"; "To the Sky" from "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole"; and "What If" from "Letters to Juliet."
The final songs eligible for nomination are "Life During Wartime" from "Life during Wartime"; "Made in Dagenham" from "Made in Dagenham"; "Little One" from "Mother and Child"; "Be the One" from "The Next Three Days"; "If I Rise" from "127 Hours"; "When You See Forever" from "The Perfect Game"; "I Remain" from "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time"; "Dream Big" from "Pure Country 2: The Gift"; "How I Love You" from "Ramona and Beezus"; "Darling I Do" from "Shrek Forever After"; "Noka Oi" from "Six Days in Paradise"; "This Is a Low" from "Tamara Drewe"; "I See the Light" from "Tangled"; "Rise" from "3 Billion and Counting"; "We Belong Together" from "Toy Story 3"; "Eclipse: All Yours" from "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"; "Nothing" from "Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too"; "A Better Life" from "Unbeaten"; "Shine" from "Waiting for 'Superman"; and "The Reasons Why" from "Wretches & Jabberers."
The 83rd Academy Awards nominations will be announced live Jan. 25 in the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, Calif.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2010 are to be presented Feb. 27 at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center, and televised live by the ABC Television Network.