Scammer

Banned
i found this copy and paste on another site and it has helped some people get back on line.

c and p

I will try the best I can to help you out here.

The first place I went to in my router is under the Status>LAN of my router administration page. On this page, I can see the Static clients one of which is my WF :

Active Clients
Host Name IP Address MAC Address Conn. Count Ratio [1024]
DX-X00-N

This also has the ip address and mac address.

I wrote down the mac address to be used on another page as well as the host name and ip address.

Then I went to the services page and put in these three items under the Static Leases. Once they were typed in, you simply hit the save button on the bottom.

I then went to the Administration>Commands tab of the router and put these two strings in as follows with no space between the two:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 69.65.19.116 -p tcp -j DNAT --to 190.210.60.59
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 69.65.19.117 -p tcp -j DNAT --to 190.210.60.59

once they are typed into the command window, hit the save firewall option on that page. Your router will reboot and thats when my tv came back up.

All this time I had my tv on with a blue screen.

Just so you know I am using a VS Ultra Lite that I have turned off everyday while I was at work. The user I was talking to told me that by doing this, the nat ip address was not forwarding to the dnat ip address. Just one of those things that happens.

I hope this helps you out. It got me up and going.

end C & P

please post your results if it helped you or not.

Last edited:

WizBang

VIP Member
I really can't follow this....I have a Bell124 2wire gateway dsl modem and the wf's are directly hooked into it my computer is wirelessly connected and I can't figure this out....is there anything else you can suggest.
I can look at the connections using a program called linksys easylink system, but I don't have any idea what to do.
I can delete any connection or mark it as a threat but I have never had to mess in there before:)

BROWNNOSE

BOOTLICKER
Hey guys this seem to be the same thing that CBMAC found,,

C/P
Ok finally a new thread and got it right.
Anyways.
Here is a fix for your WF using the DD-WRT Router software:
Do a search on DD-WRT to download FIRMWARE for your router.

Got this from another site, I take no credit.

DD-WRT Fix

There is a fix you need to reconfigure your Internet Router to get it going. You will need DD-WRT Router Setup

The first place I went to in my router is under the Status>LAN of my router administration page. On this page, I can see the Static clients one of which is my WF :

Active Clients
DX-X00-N

I wrote down the mac address to be used on another page as well as the host name and ip address.

Then I went to the services page and put in these three items under the Static Leases. Once they were typed in, you simply hit the save button on the bottom.

I then went to the Administration>Commands tab of the router and put these two strings in as follows with no space between the two:

once they are typed into the command window, hit the save firewall option on that page. Your router will reboot and thats when my tv came back up.

Just so you know I am using a VS Ultra Lite that I have turned off everyday while I was at work. The user I was talking to told me that by doing this, the nat ip address was not forwarding to the dnat ip address. Just one of those things that happens.

end of C.P

I going to see if I could find something for you Wizbang and the linksys,,,
we had things like this happen many time befor,, This is where we must get everybody into this problem

SOS!! This is one of these times where we need everybody into this problem to Help,, so come all togather we can help our brothers this is what "PBP" is all about SOS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

hotbrass

VIP Member
A friend has a Ultra and it has been running this whole time, (I may have to move to his house.) So this may help. I will give it a try.

Thanks everyone!

ravishinrick

My pops has the VS Ultra in his room and i have the MaxHd in da living room. Poppa dukes is still running and mine is down and we are on the same network and mine doesnt work. Pisses me off cuz my dad is laughin at me. Some BullShit lol. I will try this method on my Max, but if i figure out anything else i'll def let yall know.

WizBang

VIP Member
That DD WRT fix is probably what is wrong I bet somehow the wf is trying to receive from a wrong ip or can't get through to the ip.
The problem is is that that fix is only for the DD WRT router you have to download that routers software to do that.
My router is a gateway bell 2wire, and it doesn't have anyway to change these:

so I am stuck and fed up...

hotbrass

VIP Member
Likely. I havent been able to get either of my WS unit working. It appears that the ip of the server is being blocked, but not for everyone.

snowbird

Banned
Ok, I loaned my vs out so I can't even test this idea. But this last summer my sv quit connecting to the server when I was useing hughesnet. So I ran my sv thru my lappy and bam...tv. I think my isp provider was blocking the connection and bridging it thru my lappy worked. Worth a try.

hotbrass

VIP Member
I have had that thought also since the WF is constantly polling and I have two of them . I will set up a computer to give it a try tonight. Thanks!

CASPER

Disconnect everything from your receiver then try this on your PC.....
fmjiw1.jpg

after you have cleared all that you see on top Re-boot your Pc connect everything back WF and then restart you Ip connection again and BAM...you will get your WF working again....

snowbird

Banned
i found this copy and paste on another site and it has helped some people get back on line.

c and p

I will try the best I can to help you out here.

Active Clients
DX-X00-N

end C & P

please post your results if it helped you or not.

This just got done working for a friend of mine about 20 min. ago. He tried it yesterday but it didn't work, decided to give it another go and now he has all 3 of his viewsats back up. :)

WizBang

VIP Member
Disconnect everything from your receiver then try this on your PC.....
fmjiw1.jpg

after you have cleared all that you see on top Re-boot your Pc connect everything back WF and then restart you Ip connection again and BAM...you will get your WF working again....

Sorry Casper
BAM.....nothing.....after this I even tried a system restore....no luck.

Has to be some other way to put these numbers in using windows...
They have to be somewhere on our systems.

eloans1

If your VS is working, do not turn it off or power it off from the back, otherwise you will be down. WF was sharing the server with CNX, but it was causing much freezing with so many people on it that cnx has kicked WF off their server. Once you disconnect you won't be able to reconnect. CNX did this to keep their customers happy, with so much freezing and down time people were losing confidence in them and quit buying their products. Hopefully WF will have their own server up soon.