trixter671

hello i have a viewsat platinum lite and i need to find out what i can still watch with box i am fixing to update as soon as cable gets here i can pick up echostar real good but all channels are locked or encrypted how do i solve that or should i just throw it away or can i still use my favorite box

hobo2

you can use the box for dish network you have to buy weatherforcast have internet conn or you the box for sat 97 true free to air welcome to preferredbypete trixter671

trixter671

which is 97 im new to this and this box is all factory so any updates havent been done i keep trying to update with loader 2 and all it tells me resending and frame something icant get the box to open its rs 232 port how can i force it also its new out of box

hobo2

ok let start all over here what dish r you pointed at now what lnbf do you have on your dish also what kind of switch r you useing ther are file to down load you also have to but wf dongle for the reciver

eloans1

97 is a true FTA sat, you would need at least a 30" dish to pick it up. Rather than spend your money on a WF, I would recommend a new x-factor receiver. I saw where they were selling for $99.

trixter671

i have a single line lbn rca and a 22 inch dish it picks up good as far as echostar it bounces on galaxy and thats what i want is galaxy 10r also this is aplatinum lite they dont have wf

hobo2

sorry trixter671 your box is only good for the galaxy 97 west sat your beeter off getting a new reciver