summerrox395

I while ago (a couple months) I permanently deleted some files of of my harddrive. I know the difference between the recycling bin and DELETED, just to let you know. I am running Linux (Ubuntu 9.10) if that helps at all.

JeremyS

Once you have permanately deleted a file. It has been removed from any part of the disk and is not recoverable.

Doug

Unless your recycling bin has it, there is no way of recovering those files. Sorry to tell you that, but that's what deleting files does. I would recommend getting an external hard drive or any other external storage device to hold those files until you know for sure you want them deleted in the future.

JohnnyMAC

You can use O&O Instant Disk Recovery Ver3.0 (I copied the name of the folder directly from my PC) which can retrieve deleted files. I even tried it on my ipod and it works since it got corrupted and I recover ALL its files including hidden .txt files of it. I transfer back the .txt files to the ipod and it works again. I dunno what happens there but I'm happy I was able to retrieve the songs too. It even work on my friend's corrupted hard drive.

Ricky Ricardo

Hard drive data recovery software programs play a major role in recovering hard drive data. You will find several companies that offer these types of programs. Most will automatically create backup copies of all your files and folders reducing the worry of potential data loss. A good hard drive data recovery program can recover all the important files or folders which vanish after partition loss, accidental format, file or directory deletion, software malfunction or even a virus attack. Whether you accidentally delete the files or your computer crashes, data recovery software can locate the lost files and recover them from your hard drive.The main contexts where hard drive data recovery software is found useful include:1.Missing file or directory2.Formatted hard drive3.Deleted file or directory4.Unbootable hard drive5.Inaccessible hard drive6.Recovery of deleted files and folders on FAT and NTFS hard drive or partitions7.Data recovery on damaged FAT and NTFS partitions8.Damaged or corrupted partition tableThe majority of hard drive data recovery software programs currently available is easy to install, user friendly, and is virtually self maintaining. However, it's a good idea to purchase these programs from a trusted software supplier.Most software companies understand the consumer's need to be assured of value and ease of use, so if the data recovery software you selected has a trail offer, it may be a good idea to give it a test drive before you make a purchase.