How much would it cost to get Photoshop?

Noah

I'm thinking of buying the latest version of Photoshop, but I have no idea how much it would cost. I've heard it's about $200, which sounds ridiculous. How much is the latest version of Photoshop, or the next version, if it is known another version is coming out soon?I'm thinking of buying the latest version of Photoshop, but I have no idea how much it would cost. I've heard it's about $200, which sounds ridiculous. How much is the latest version of Photoshop, or the next version, if it is known another version is coming out soon?edit: If you are going to answer, please at least answer the question as well, if you are going to suggest ways to save money.

amybeader

It's a lot more than $200. Go to Adobe.com for more information on the versions and costs. The latest version is CS5; generally Adobe releases new versions every 18 months, so CS6 (assuming they continue that naming convention) will probably be released late next year (in about a year from now, since CS5 was released May of this year).Note that if you are a student, you can probably qualify for the educational license version, which will save you about 2/3 off the retail price.

icen64

Before you spend money on Photo Shoppe, try Gimp. It's at least as good. Google GIMP. By the way, it's free.