Andrew

I installed an ATI Radeon 5550 on my HP and I was wondering how I would set it up so that I could run dual monitors. I have one already, I just need to know how to attach another monitor. Do I need an attachment or do I run a cable from one monitor to the other, any info is helpful

JimJam

From the ATI site, should be able to handle 3 displays, but looking at the implementations by various vendors, a dual display output is more common. The ones I saw had both a VGA and DVI connection, both capable of running a display. You can use an adapter to go from DVI to VGA or VGA to DVI if needed. After you setup the cables, the steps to enable multiple displays is dependent on your operating system. Post back if you have Windows, Mac, Linux, or another operating system and we can give more details.

bambamitsdead

You plug it on to the other video connector on the video card.Depending which model you've got and which video connector you've already used the 'spare' will either be a blue 15-pin analog one or a white multi-pin one with at least one flat wide pin at one end. That's a digital video connector and you need an adapter to turn it to analog video or you need a 2nd display that will accept a digital input.If you have a 5550 with only one video connector you're out of luck, you can only connect one screen to it.

Ron Burgundy

Each monitor is connected to one of the video card's ports. It appears that your card has two ports. One is DVI and the other is AGP, so you would need a DVI cable for one monitor and an AGP cable for the other. Once you have the monitors connected, go into display properties and set them up.

MurGee

if your graphics card has 2 ports you can connect two monitors and control them using display settings. the link below talks more about how all these dual monitor thing works