Adia

how to install ATI driver for my ATI Mobility HD2400 XT in my laptop? my driver version is 8.401.0.0i wanna update it to 8.9 version but i'm confused of the lists from ATI website.my OS is Vista home premium,32bit system.i've asked my cousin to update it to 8.8 for me before but nothing changed.my roommate said my cousin's mistake was she didn't uninstall the old driver first then installed Catalyst for desktop video card.not the one for laptop.i'm not sure who's right.but should i uninstall the old driver first before installing new? why? what is Catalyst?how to install driver for laptop then? i've tried updating driver from Device Manager and click update driver.it automatically search internet for suitable driver,then it says "the best driver software for your device is already installed".but still nothing happens!i really appreciate your helps here.thank you

mituotsieunhan

Like many things in IT nowadays, "driver" is becoming a loose term. Catalyst is not a driver. It's a software set that contains the driver for your card.Since it is software, you can uninstall it through Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. The install the newer version of Catalyst. If you can isolate the driver only for your card, you can update it through device manager.Jack

dmbfan3333

You shouldn't need to uninstall anything. I see what you mean about the website being confusing (finding the right driver for that particular card)If you download this file, run it, and reboot, you should be good to go. If this driver is incorrect, it will just not install so you don't need to be worried about that.https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/gamesite/8-10_vista32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_69564.exe

bubblinz

1. Uninstall your driver from add/remove program. Reboot.2. Your computer would used Standard VGA compatible or ATI xxx provided by microsoft then.3. Download catalyst for mobility***If you could find it... Just download catalyst for desktop PC.and then you could use Mobility Modder from***4. Install the modded driver.5. Voila. Have phun.