Viper®

Banned
Does anyone know any tricks or tips to get the epg to populate on the 8000?
It rarely seems to fill in for more than an hour or so ahead of time.
Any info would be appreciated!

Viper®

Banned
I just noticed the post under General fta discussions, but it seems to me I've tried a lot of those channels without much success.

Viper®

Banned
It's set for 180, but doesn't seem to make much difference most of the time, weird!!
I think I'll factory reset it and redo everything from scratch..
Cheers CB :drink_nl:

Scammer

Banned
Sorry Viper that's all i could find about EPG settings.my VS has same options but don't matter what you set it at i only get a hour EPG. maybe its a IKS thing mine has not worked proper since nagra2 days. Maybe someone else here can help out.

openbar.gif

eloans1

Put on channel 239, and hit the info button a couple of time and then leave for a couple minutes...works on cnx, might work on ilink...

Scammer

Banned
Put on channel 239, and hit the info button a couple of time and then leave for a couple minutes...works on cnx, might work on ilink...

eloans1 you are the man
08.gif
that info you posted worked great for me .i went from 1 hour guide to 3 days and it went farther but that was all i went.

you got to give this a try Viper channel 239 and i hit info button about 5 or 6 times and then left it on that channel. checked a hour later and wow worked like a charm.

eloans1

:cool:Thanks for posting back CB, I thought that would work because I have used that on several other receivers other than the CNX...Maybe it will help someone else out...

Viper®

Banned
Morning guys, I tried that last night to no avail, it just didn't seem to make any difference with this particular receiver. As I mentioned, I am going to try and factory reset it and go from there to see if it changes the way it acts.
Thanks for the help! :cup: :D

Scammer

Banned
keep us posted viper how it works for you . i am sure there are a few i-link owners here who would appreciate a update.

Viper®

Banned
I redid everything and it's not really acting any differently, it will populate a ways a head on some channels but not on others. It seems to be hit and miss!
Nice to hear the Ch. 239 trick worked for you and others.
Perhaps some 8000 owners have some input.
Cheers! :beer:

Scammer

Banned
hey viper i seen this on another site and maybe help you out.

C&P
Originally Posted by Jeff10251970 View Post
I FINALLY was able to populate my epg. My setup is the following:

9500hd
Dish 1000.2
Sats 110, 119, 129,91
Nfusion HD 8psk installed (but NOT connected, so this is strictly factory)
All I was getting was 2 hour blocks on my epg, so after reading here in the forum, someone (I think Richie) mentioned changeing 13/18 volts to 14/19. Well I tried that and guess what..........My EPG populates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My guess is those DpP Lnb's need a extra kick in the pants to cooperate......either that or it's those Lnb's together with the cable run (Fairly long distance).

end C&P

C&P

While in the EPG screen, press the yellow button on the remote. It will fill the EPG with data.

end C&P

its for HD box ilink but maybe work for 8000.

let us know if it worked or not.

Viper®

Banned
Morning! .. no option to change lnb voltage on this box and when I hit the red button (populate epg), it takes 5 minutes and does squat!!
It seems to populate occasionally for no particular reason "when it feels like it" lol :D
Very much appreciate the suggestions! :)

teddylester

Hi to all...first post here

thanks to CBMAC for help populating epg really amazing.
It worked here for 24 hours i just wondered if you had to hit the yellow button
every day or so to bring in the latest programming or should it update automatically.

thanks again.