Status
Not open for further replies.

CASPER

Limesat - Troubleshooting Guide
Having tested a few Limesat Receivers now and having read some guides and how to's, I thought it was time to bring everything together now.

Credit goes to ftahunter and webwizard for guides they had posted elsewhere. I will also give credit where credit is due to those who have suggested the various fixes!

Thanks to you all!

Pixeled image and/or “no or weak signal” message!

Suggestions:

1) Verify that the Sat Cable is connected and the S Signal is over 70%

2) Set Antenna setup to 119W and TP freq 12297 Verify S&Q.

3) Realign dish if required. (I suggest over 70 for both for best results!) Remember the S signal is merely the Signal feed back from LNB to Receiver. Q signal is the important Signal and it is the one in the Meter with Blue Segments. (presently meters are mixed up a bit)

Image is freezing or scrambled and audio is chirping, high pitch squeal or machine gun sound.

Suggestions:

1) Verify S&Q. Realign dish if required. (I suggest over 70 for both for best results!)

2) Verify internet connection stability. (Suggestions are below.)

All channels are scrambled!

Suggestions:

1) If pointing to Sat 119W, click on CH 101, any Picture. Picture must be present as it is a Free channel. If no Picture continue.

2) Go to Antenna Setup, select 119W and on tp Freq 12297, you must have high S and Q signal and the Sat ID at the top right must be Echo -119W. If not align the dish till you get proper Sat lock.

3) Once CH 101 comes , continue

4) Check software version. Current bin is Limesat Bin 253.

5) GO to Menu, Network, Ip Box, Ips must be there and Server Connect [2]

6) If Server Connect is [0] or [1], Reboot with rear switch and check again.

No network connection!

Suggestions:

1) GO to Menu, Network, Ip Box, Ips must be there and Server Connect [2]

2) If Server Connect is [0] or [1], Reboot with rear switch and check again.

3) Verify lights flashing on Ethernet port of stb.

4) Verify your running the correct software version.

2) Turn of your stb, router and modem. Restart modem, then router and finally your
stb giving each one time to start correctly before starting the next one.

If still no Server Connect [1] or[2]

4) Verify router settings and recheck.

No Lights on Ethernet port!

Suggestions:

1) Verify hardware connections.
2) Change cable.
3) Verify stb’s Ethernet port is not loose.

Loose Ethernet Port!

Suggestions:

1) Advise vender and request exchange or repair.
2) If out of Warranty, open Unit and tighten.

Note: When these units first came out, a number of them had this problem. Users were informed that there was no problem with opening the box and tightening it! Normally breaking the seal voids the warrantee so do step 1 first! If the vender gives you the ok then go ahead and open the unit. UNPLUG the stb! Peal of the seal and remove the screws from the cover. Verify all the connections inside and tighten as required. Reinstall the cover and try the unit again. After turning the on the stb and with the Ethernet cable plugged in verify the green and amber lights of the port are flashing.

Sporadic freezing!

Suggestions:

1) Verify S&Q (I have found under 65 S&Q may cause problems!)
2) Set Router to DHCP and leave it there.

USB port not recognized!

Suggestions:

1) Boot stb with thumb drive installed
2) Try front and rear usb ports.
3) Boot with a thumb drive in both front and rear ports at the same time. (By: Quiet One)
Note: Ensure thumb drive is formatted to FAT32. (Formatting FAT may also work.)
4) Plug in an external hard drive with a power supply and to the rear usb port and then try the thumb drive in the front usb slot.

EPG Not Populating.

New Bin 253 incorporates an EPG Polpulation Screen for DN and BEV, CLick EPG twice and CLick which provider to populate.

1) The Bev DN Full Name needs to be Turned OFF
2) Click on EPG, choose a Channel and let it sit there for a few minutes and watch the EPG Populate right in front of your eyes.

Channel Names not correct?

Until the Limesat Team can get these fixed up, we can change them ourselves to do so, please follow this Guide:
FTA Files - FTA Bins - Help - FTA Keys - FTA Talk - CrazyFTA.net

Picture Quality:

Picture quality on the Limesat is similar to most other Receivers, if the Component Cables are used. For Sonysat DCR 5500 PVR users, you will notice a Difference right away as it is not as High a quality as can be seen on the Sonysat. Then again, no other SD Receiver has ever come close to the Picture quality of the Sonysat on Channels 300 and several others or on Many BEV CHannels broadcasting at 720i.

Picture Clarity! (Suggestion By WebWizard

For those that think Limesat’s picture is less than a lot of other boxes have you tried correcting them with the receiver? There are two ways to access the color settings that I have found.

1 - The info banner that appears when first going to a channel. Pressing the green button while that is displayed will get you to color settings.

2 – An easier way is just press "0" when sitting on any channel

Once in the menu you have options for setting brightness, contrast, saturation, hue, and, sharpness. If you play with these settings you might improve your picture drastically. Use "EXIT" to save your settings, pressing "OK" will set them back to default on leaving menu. The nice thing about default is if you really screw the display up pressing "OK" will reset everything and you can start over.

Use the volume up/down buttons to change values. Channel up/down buttons to change options. It would be nice if you could just enter a value with remote but you need to change them with volume control.

These are the values I currently have in mine and pic is as good as my Nano2 this way.

Brightness = 180
Contrast = 180
Saturation=170
Hue = 255
Sharpness = 180

No volume or Low Volume!

Suggestions:

1) Set the STB Volume to about 50% good for Recodring from as well.

2) Use the TV Volume to bring sound to an acceptable level

3) The stb has an incorporated volume control. Use the volume control on your stb’s remote to turn it up. Some times they ship the stb with the volume set to 0.

3) Check in the stb’s menu to see if the DOLBY DIGITAL function is set to OFF. Sometimes having it on will prevent the sound from working.

These Guides will be updated if more items need addressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.