BROWNNOSE

BOOTLICKER
O K here what going on I'm losing the network thru the IX-100 I got the cnx-nano..
this problem started last week and realy had little time to get into it, I tried everything to get this working right, but all has failed, I got pic but it freezing real bad, I notice when 1st. started that on the IX-100 the 3 light going out about every 8 to 10 min. the top light then gets red, then turn green and blinks, the 2 bottom, 1 yellow blanks and the other is green stay on then, all 3 goes out at the same time,
Now it going out every 2 min.and now it freezes and goes into scramble every min. or just goes out for hrs.
1- done a hard boot on the v-zon dsl 327w this work but only the 1st. few times, now not at all
I got vonage phone hook up to it as well that work just fine on the dsl,
2- hard boot on the cnx-nano this also work but only the 1st. few times, now not at all
3- I change the enther net wire, still the same problem
4- went into menu (smart card) status none, (type) unknown, (Atr) is blank
5- key work (key edit) key edit, --(reset) reset Data, (di** Auto roll) off (bell auto rol) off
the rest of the auto rolls are off. emu is off
6-RS-232 Mode (type) dongle, (network) IP SETUP-network setting on auto, Ip add 192.168.1.18
subnet mask - 255.255.255.0,--gateway 192.168.1.1 ,--dns 192.168.1.1
I push Apply and the IX-100 top green light goes red the after a min. get green,
7- (registration) -iks, I then push it, the top light on the IX-100 goes red after a min. green and I get
(registration failed) also when I do these,,
at this point I'm at my end, I think that this (IX-100) has went bad, if anybody has anything to add to this that might help me fix this Please reply, I tried to give as much info I could.

thank you
lit bil:dirol:

bruksn

Banned
Did you check your westell 327 gateway/modem firewall settings? Log into the modem & ck for dropped packets in the wan & lan history.
Could be the modem is going bad. I've read in some forums that v-zon doesn't supply the best quality equipment(Westell & Actiontec), especially the 327. I switched to a D-Link DSL-2540B because I was having so much trouble with v-zon's firmware-spun modems. Also, v-zon does not guarantee a minimum dsl speed for your service, meaning they can reduce your bandwidth for more users as they sign up. Its in the fine print of their info.
ATT does guarantee a minimum. Thanks to deregulation.
New dongles are about $90. A new D-Link 2540 is about $65 (the wi-fi version,2640, is $75) @ newegg. The setup CD is easy.

Last edited: