CASPER

Setting up your Captain with a Motor
(not my work) casper got this from a friend.

This is how I did my motor setup for the Captain 8K
remember to start at 0 position on your motor
Go to D!sh settings select your bird I will use 82 hit the OK button to highlight

Now go over to diseqc switch press OK and choose motor exit once
set up your switch if you have any(my lnb gets both linear and circular birds so I have a 22khz switch circ. birds I enable my 22khz tone & lin. birds I disable 22khz tone)
I always enable my network search and set my search type to all--I have found that my Captain seems to miss channels if I dont set these two settings this way.

Now hit the blue button to take you to motor scan
Go down to motor type & press ok untill you see USALS
You will need to know your longitude and latitude for this next step, I used dishpointer.c*m to find out my coordinates.
Press OK on longitude enter your numbers--you may have to change from east to west or north to south depending were you live to do this sellect longitude or latitude and press volume up button on the remote exit and it should change for you from east to west or north to south
Now that you have your coordinates entered go over to the right side of the screen and sellect go to stored position press OK and your motor should go to your selected bird
When it stops and if your signals are all good do a auto scan when your scan is done exit and save if asked
Now go through all the birds you can pick up and do the same procedure
Once all your birds are scanned in you should just have to hit your sat button and choose a bird and your motor will go to that bird