Saurabh

I am planning to put two 1TB Seagate 7200.12 ST31000528AS in RAID 0 for my new gaming rig?Will I be able to put them in RAID level 0 using the Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 (South bridge SB850)?Does it have a RAID controller?If so, how do I do that?Thanks :D

Ricky Ricardo

According to the specs the SB850 chipset supports RAID 0.How you do it depends on the software/firmware available in the MB. You're going to have to read the directions. You can download the documentation from the ASUS site and check before making any purchases.Personally, I wouldn't bother. Just get a good backup solution that gives the ability to do bare metal restores. My house has a Windows Home Server that backs up everything in the house on a daily basis; I keep a maximum of 6 backups for 5 computers on a 1TB volume and the restore really does work.That way you don't have to be concerned about the second disk and you also have a few days of backups that you can access.I know! But it's just a thought.

4REEE

Yes you can.According to the specs your board should be ready for RAIDs 0, 1, 5, or 10.The Seagate 12 series are excellent drives so you will get a lot of speed out of these in RAID-0.I do recommend that you short stroke the array and install your OS and favorite apps on the faster parts of the array:http://www.my630i.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3722&start=10Use a free program like HD Tune and analyze your setup.Make sure you use a good backup program like Acronis to backup your entire array.***