Status
Not open for further replies.

weldedsteel

i loaded the new puff boot and bin .... connected back to tv.. no signal on 119 or 110 ...so then i did a sysetem reset ......turned on echo 7 and 8.10 placed all settings where i always had them... went back and ran my blindscans and no transponders ......any help would be greatly appreciated.......on 7 i run on 8.10
lnb -standard lnb-standard
lnb freq. 11250 lnb freq. 11250
22khz -off 22khz - on
diseqc - #1 diseqc -#2
skew (-45) skew (-45)

i have been told before that it is odd to have diseqc
on and a sat with the 22khz on but i had to do it
this way since it seemed the only way i could get
programs at all ...i tried every combination
imaginable lol.......anyhow so bottom line.......
i have cute lil puppies but no signal ty for ur help

weldedsteel

lmao...i looked at that 3 times even though i knew i had it right because i thought "man! what the heck is going on?" i am gonna try going thru all motions agian just to be sure ...thanks face for ur fast input :) sure was hoping it was as simple as the connections lol

weldedsteel

well i did a flsh fix and losded an old program...last one i was using before the change up and i noticed that not only do i have no signal....but my qaulity level stay between 25-30 ....i'm gonna take a wild stab at it and say my dish has gone bad or the cables have a break somewhere ...maybe a fluke who knows i guess ....if thats possibly the case plz feel free to give opinions .....about 3-4 inches of ice on the roof lol...might be safer to wait for advice lol ty everyone

I had the same problem with my pansat 2700a, no signal at all, and I tried everything. I was with no signal for about 2 weeks and it was 4 me difficult go on the roof as I live in a 16 floor building my disches are on the roof of the building. In order to make sure that the problem are the dishes I recommend you to take your box to some friend who has Dn and try if it works there, then u will be sure that something happend with your dishes. Be careful with the disec or lnb numbres that are in your splinter on the roof (if you have it) because I have to set them up again. What I noticed was that the lnb numbers in the splinter (lnb1, lnb2, lnb3...) have to match with the disec numbers in your receiver. I figure it out that the no signal issue was in dishes so I was force to go on the roof (very cold and lots of snow + box of beer for the manager who allowed me go on the roof), and the splinter was full of water, so I have to replace it. then I have trouble with the disec numbers as I said above. I got good support and advice from the people in this web and now I have my receiver runnig very good.

good luck and hope you don't have to go on the roof.

weldedsteel

ty everyone, now it seems i may have a problem with the box since its the "level" @30% and the "qaulity" is @ 0% ...... was told that "level" should always be at above 75% even if its not aimed at the sats ... so i guess i am gonna send my box to be tested next week ..not real sure what else to do but ty all for the great help

did you do factory setting? if you did it then you erased all the sats, then you have to set up de disec's. that could be the reason you dont have signal. i know how to do it in pansat 2700a. see after I fix the problem with the splinter i did not have signal either, then I have to go to menu and find the disc. i change disc's like 3 or 4 times and then i got signal. don't let time by as that happend with me and passed 2 weeks before i fixed it.

weldedsteel

yea, did after i was already having troubles ........i had set it up like i had it before and even tried other combinations lol .....but i also see that the "level" is at 30% when it is normally at 70% or higher even without the sats and of course no "quality" is showing ..i have heard that because the "level" is so low , perhaps its my box that has the problem..nothing out of the ordinary has changed ..no storms ect.. but i guess sometimes things just happen....if this helps get a better idea of my troubles plz feel free on any other advice ...ty

CASPER

are your lnb good or maybe they got damage with the snow you had talked about..should check them out.....

weldedsteel

just tried this fortecstar i have laying here needing to be converted.. anyhow it reads the same so ofcourse i need to definately rule out that my pansat is bad ..gonna try and find aa new switch... oh and i talked to the guy who put this up and he said something about the switch i have is a tone switch? but he is gonna probly set me up with a diseqc switch any how i'm gonna wait for the switch and in the meantime look for another coaixal line to run from box to the switch just in case...ty all for the great help

Status
Not open for further replies.