Status
Not open for further replies.

rsalas

i am trying to load the ihub software but it says not connected and after i try to upload it says "failed to upload" i cannot get the receiver to upload the 1.4 file. what am i doing wrong? i have tried turning the firewall off and doing a direct ip search, but nothing happens

Beware Beware

PreferredByPete.com Enthusiast
It is not the receiver the 1.4 goes to it is a update for IHub ... so it has to hooked up with internet to it

Attachments

• How to use wiznet.pdf
    190.8 KB · Views: 104
  • How to upload iHub.doc
    122 KB · Views: 93

bamatrey

Ok guys I connected my Ihub to my computer via the network card using a cat V cable. I can see the address in the upper left corner of wiz net after i scan for it. I can not get it to upload the flash for the iHub it says failed to upload. Any ideas? Am I even connecting it correctly?

Beware Beware

HOWTO - iHub v1.0 to v1.4 (+ v82.0 Fix) - Video!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few people have asked me how to fix the v82.0 problem on their iHubs, so I wrote them back with text-only instructions.

Not satisfied with those instructions and other "I'm recording me doing this on my monitor with a camera" videos on YouTube, I decided to record myself (using Camtasia) actually taking an iHub from v1.0, breaking it, getting v82.0, and then fixing it to v1.4.

Features
Direct, high-resolution, full-desktop capture
Not captured using a camera pointed at a monitor
Easily readable subtitles that explain each step
High bitrate for maximum quality
No having to use the Command Prompt!

Details

Filename: iHub - v1.0 to v1.4 (+ v82.0 Fix).avi
Filesize: 6,537,216 bytes
Resolution: 1024x648
Runtime: 4m 59s
Frame Rate: 29.97 fps NTSC
Codec: Xvid

Converted from MP4 using SUPER.

This tutorial assumes you can connect to your iHub either through a router or directly by using a crossover cable.

Attachments

• iHub_-_v1.0_to_v1.4____v82.0_Fix__Video.rar
    3.3 MB · Views: 98

Beware Beware

I hub manual

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

c/p from another forums ... a nice guide
I hub manual
Connect the IHUB to the receiver by plugging it in directly to the serial port on the rear of the receiver.

You can either connect the IHUB via the fixed wire to the router and the modem or you can connect a wireless router and change the mode of the router to support wireless reception to the receiver and use a short cable to connect to the IHUB. The LEDs on the IHUB should light up if the cable connection to the router is correct. These lights verify connection as well as data transmission.
Software
Download the appropriate software that corresponds to your receiver. You can’t use the device on other machines than the units the software is particularly designed for.
Unzip the file after downloading and copy the file to your USB stick. Remember to properly release the drive from your PC and Windows before unplugging the drive from the computer..
Open the menu and go to your PVR menu. Select the corresponding socket that you plug your USB drive into. The file should appear in the screen.

Push ok and allow the receiver to load the file. Don’t touch anything and allow it to reboot when the receiver prompts you.

Setup
The receiver will reboot and chances are the screen resolution will be set incorrectly. Press Yellow Button, Then up arrow, then left. That should correct color but if not repeat to correct to NTSC.
The IHUB should be plugged in and the cable connected. You will see a brief message that the module is connected. If it doesn’t appear then turn off the box with the remote and turn it on again. In the Installation menu, IPCONFIG should appear at the bottom. Open this setup and set the following as shown.
Setting Type =DHCP
USE DNS.. Set to YES.
Use the Domain = PM MOD's
Server port = 1920
Input the serial number in the slot and make sure the numbers are correct. It should be exactly as shown on the device.
Click Apply.
You should be able to test by going to a channel that is not normally available and see if it works. You can also go to the User Options. At the bottom you can select IKS, Card less, or both. If the channel works in IKS but not in cardless your functional. Obviously those with Nimiq will also guarantee success. When your sure things are right set to Both.

Troubleshooting
If you’re reading this then you’re not sure if it’s working or you’re sure it’s not working.
Verify on the website that the service is running first.. Make sure that all connections are correct and you have lights on the hub as well you can see the IPCONFIG menu in the Installation menu. If the IHUB is not connected or resets, the menu item will not appear. If the IHUB resets, it must be rebooted to operate again.
Confirm what your system IP is and your router Gateway IP. Don’t confuse any of the PCs in the system or a leaching WiFi user as your IHUB. Many routers include software like Network Magic. It won’t see the IHUB. Once you know and can identify which IPs are being used on your system and by who, make sure the gateway IP is the same for the IHUB as the Gateway for the IHUB. In some cases the IHUB will incorrectly identify the gateway and use an incorrect IP address. This will intern create an incorrect IP address for the device.

If you find this to be the case then change the DHCP to static and correct the gateway numbers and assign an IP manually to the IHUB.
The Local IP is the IHUB IP number. Make it a number above the last IP in use on your system. Local port is the port your receiver uses so that’s 80. Subnet is 255.255.255.0
For the moment say no. Change the Server IP to 77.93.75.115
DNS IP may show all zeros and that’s fine. The server port is 1920 and will remain the same. Make sure now your serial number is correct and click on apply.
You should check now and make sure things are working. You may want to verify settings are staying in place.

If all is well change the Use DNS to Yes. You now enter SVFTAIKS.COM as the domain name. Click Apply and test again. If that works then again go into setting type and change to DHCP. Click Apply and all should be functional properly
For those that have a Motorola modem its possible that the router may conflict with it. In this example shown above the client purchased a Trendnet Router that required the IP numbers to be changed to 7 from 10. If you have had issues with your router in the past this may be the issue your having now as well. Move the router numbers to range to better enhance compatibility.
In this case the original Gateway was 192.168.10.1 used by the router which conflicted with the modem. It was changed to 192.168.7.1 as the gateway and the router and modem worked well together. This change was the cause of his issue as to why the IHUB wouldn’t work as the device couldn’t properly detect the right IP info.
The IHUB easily adapts once working from manual settings to automatic...

Beware Beware

Hopefully this method will help you out, I tried a sh!t load of them , youtube , etc.and I was about to sell my ihub, good luck

iHub How to Get rid of v82, and flash 1.4 successfully, 100% works I could not seem to find a NO-BS fix, all the "fix it this way guides" were way to vague for me and didn't cover the bases I needed covered, after asking for help and getting nothing, I decided to test a little myself. The results will have you up and running with v1.4 and a debricked iHub in little to no time at all. - This will also scrap the ROM 0100 bs that people think they need, but they really don't and btw, did not fix jack for me, so I am guessing it didn't for most of you who are still having problems. Also, this WILL work if you are doing it on a virgin iHub or simply one that has been v82.0jooed

This is basically the exact steps I took to get the iHub back to life and upload 1.4 from the dreaded v82.0 bricked state, this is also going to fix the receiver not detecting the iHub as well. - Follow the below steps EXACTLY as I have typed them, if you RUN in to a problem at all during any of the steps, please post the problem.

This will work as long as you have a router, and as long as you have a working iHub (one that lights up on back), and as long as when you plug the iHub in and press Search, and at least some sort of iHub info shows up, if it does, then this is what you will need to do.

Exactly as I have done it. I was able to bring two back to life fairly easily. This is all based on me using a linksys router with default gateway of 192.168.1.1 - majority of routers have the same gateway ip.

But just something to check before you get started with the steps. Make sure you are directly plugged in to the first port on your router (with your computer in 1st port) and modem connection or dsl in the one furthest to left. Go to Start>Run>CMD>ipconfig

Make sure your Local IP is 192.168.1.100 and default gateway of 192.168.1.1, if not then I am not sure these steps would apply to you as well.

Make sure you have done:
Factory Default file from USB to receiver
Sys Clean file from USB to receiver
Hard reboot (back switch)
Load 206 Bin (for elite receivers only)
Hard reboot (back switch)

First step.

1. Connect iHub to receiver

2. Leave Power on, on the receiver, but turn power off from the front panel (so that the time is displayed)

Connect ethernet cord to iHub, then the end connected to router directly in to port on computer, this part is where it is tricky and you might have to wait until you see "limited or no connectivity"
(If you I-Hub is connect to the reciever then leave it there.
If the other end is connect to the router take it out.
Plug the end you took out into the PC.)

4. Open up the WIZ program, click search until it displays the fields with some sort of info. Once it does, your in luck! No BS!!!! Now you need to skip around a little for this next step.

4 1/2. Make sure Static is checked, you should now see the fields able to change settings. Make your settings exact to mine.

Local IP: 192.168.1.101 Port: 1920
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Operation Mode: Mixed

Make sure USE DNS is checked!!!

DNS SERVER IP: 208.67.222.222
Domain Name: WWW.SVFTAIKS.COM

Now click on Setting, if it gives you an error after clicking, click setting again until it takes. Once it does, close the WIZ program and follow on to next step.

5. Now that you can see the iHub current info and the settings, now what you want to do is check on the back of your router, this part is crucial... Make absolute certain that your PC is plugged in to the first outgoing port on the router. And now unplug iHub from back of computer, plug it in to the 2nd outgoing port on the router (the ip that the router assigns to this port should be 192.168.1.101 by default.)

6. Open up WIZ program again, and click on Search until it finds your iHub, notice that the settings should read what I typed above? If it does then continue on, if not, then go back and retry until it does!! So now that it says the settings that we want it too, we still see the v82.0 right? Lets get rid of that now.

7. Go to Start>Run>CMD>ipconfig

Now type: ping 192.168.1.101 (if you get a series of replies, we will be able to load 1.4 with no problems at all!) Thats right, you can click thanks!!

8. Now bring the WIZ program back up, and I want you to click on Upload tab, you should be able to at this point, make sure you have extracted the 1.4 bin to your desktop. and then choose that file. You should instantly notice it start uploading with little bars with pretty much no hanging at all.

9. Once it says Completed, close WIZ, then reopen it, notice a new version after clicking search until the settings show up?

10. Thats it, that should be the solid fix that everyone has been looking for, and no need to use rom 1, its a waste of time when you can just do it this way with 0% problems.

Additional steps to load bin 209 (for elite users only). You should see Network device connect! after rebooting receiver with iHub plugged in.

Then just put bin 209 on USB stick, upload, reboot, and you should be good to setup all your settings as before - Also, you will now be able to see your IP Config menu again and able to change settings at will.

Let me know if you guys run in to snags, this should seriously be the best fix that you guys can get for the iHub not communicating with the receiver/not taking the files/v82 error.

bamatrey

Face I think you cleared up some real problems for me, I never realized we needed to try to communicate with a Xover cable i was just using a straight Cat5e patch cord. Also the network configuration im sure is my problem. Thank you sir I will try it tonight and post results!

bamatrey

Ok I made some progress I was able to get my iHub to take the version correctly using the network settings from your video (very cool by the way), I did flash the receiver with the factory flash as directed and was able to get into network settings. I tried using DHCP settings and the unit did a download the reflashed itself and I was able to set my antenna settings and download the satellites at this point.
From here I let it sit and apparently it never connected with the IKS server. The only step I ever missed according to the directions was that I had to input the serial number of the iHub. There is no where for me to put this into my receiver....

Beware Beware

Ok I made some progress I was able to get my iHub to take the version correctly using the network settings from your video (very cool by the way), I did flash the receiver with the factory flash as directed and was able to get into network settings. I tried using DHCP settings and the unit did a download the reflashed itself and I was able to set my antenna settings and download the satellites at this point.
From here I let it sit and apparently it never connected with the IKS server. The only step I ever missed according to the directions was that I had to input the serial number of the iHub. There is no where for me to put this into my receiver....
yes after you load latest file to receiver in menu it will say ...
ipconfig
open & you find spot to put s# from ihub then hit apply shut box off from back turn back on .....ahhhhh TV :D

bamatrey

Ok guys I finally got mine going, the problem the whole time was apparently I had the wrong program in the receiver itself and it did not allow me a place to put the serial number of the iHub into the configuration. Once I got the right program installed it worked like a charm.

Beware Beware

OK thanks for letting us know it is a little tricky at first with updating ihub & loading receiver as well hope everyone learned from these posts...closing this one start new post if needed ...Cheers from preferred by pete...:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.