update on is9500hd

hunkyspunky

hi yall well 2 days in on this machine and here is what i have found out so far...........freezing every couple of minutes for a few seconds on certain channels also i run the machine with top cover off and a laptop fan on top ......i ran it with the cover off and no fan for a few hours and this little sucker sure runs warm. i went back to cooling fan and now runs super cool.still waiting for 8psk.... will post results.ps...channel change and pic quality is ok for sd..

snowbird

Banned
Thanks for the update, I think you will be more than happy w/it. The dwn time is minimal compared to many other stb's including the regular ilinks...been told 9500hd is on a seperate server than their counter parts, explains why the 8000 and 9000 can go dwn while mine is still up running strong...or I'm just gullable...lol

Viper®

Banned
So I'm no the only one freezing, my 8000 is freezing really bad today.
I gave up for a while just too frequent. :(
Hopefully things will get better and more stable, until then I will drink.. :beer:

hunkyspunky

another update finally got hd module i must say an easy instal i wish the box was a little bigger things sure are a tight fit in there......left cover off put laptop cooling fan on top of unit scanned sats and things look great so far any problems will report i think the hd module was worth the wait happy so far now time to sit back and have a beer or two and enjoy life lol

Viper®

Banned
Does it look to you like there might be a way to add a good beefy fan inside, or would it have to be external because of lack of room?
Just curious, I am thinking about ordering one of these..

Viper®

Banned
So a Dremel job and a case fan mounted on top might be an option?
Would you please measure that box and let me know it's dimensions?
Thanks and Cheers! :beer:

snowbird

Banned
I agree , I see no room for an internal fan but have heard of peeps doing it. I'm just fine useing mine w/the lid off and an external quiet fan blowing on it. Better than try to tweak a fan into a thimble...lol

SETWIRE

I agree , I see no room for an internal fan but have heard of peeps doing it. I'm just fine useing mine w/the lid off and an external quiet fan blowing on it. Better than try to tweak a fan into a thimble...lol

There is room for 2 40MM fans internally -----Many have done the mod.

If I could ever figure out how to upload attachments on this site to my posts I would attach some pics of the mod.LOL

Google ----- KroniK 9500 Dual Fan Mod -----and click on the 1st Link -----then go to page 1.

hunkyspunky

i seen the pics really tight in there with the 2 fans and heat sink but i think i will stick with the laptop cooling fan plugged into the back usb works good for me and easy to change if a fan or fans give up