yonyz

Before installing a newer version of an ATI driver, should I uninstall the currently installed version?The ATI Catalyst Install Manager gives me two options to choose from: Install - Allow users to install ATI software components, and Uninstall - Remove ATI software components.What do you think, Randy? Should I still choose to install?Miki: No results were found.

Randy Lee

I would say no, for the installation process will take care of any uninstalling for you.Uninstalling it manually and then installing a new driver will only things more complicated, and trust me, you don't want it that way, especially when it comes to graphics cards.

CaptainKirk

Run the installer. It will update the driver, and will ask you to reboot your computer. You shouldn't have any problems.

fireshower

Do not uninstall the old driver. just install the new driver over the old one. here is a working link: http://www.filehippo.com/software/drivers/

BILLCA

Since you are only updating the driver, you don't need to uninstall the existing one. The installer will take care of what needs to be replaced or removed.However, if you will be changing your graphics card from one brand and model to another, then it would be better if you uninstall the driver before replacing the card. This way, the old driver and applications that came with it will be erased from the system because they won't be needed any more.

lchasser

One reason I uninstall the ATI drivers berfore installing new ones is that there is a problem with just overwriting the drivers.The OpenGL portion of the drivers does not install properly over the older routines. You'll try to play a game and get the ' OpenGL error ' and can't play.Uninstall, reboot and then install the ATI video drivers keep this problem from happening. Also you don't need the entire suite, just the video drivers if you are short on space.Sarge