tut

i use Intel and i don't know much about the AMDs. i heard that AMD has more of something... i forgot what it was. Which do you think is better?

Eric

AMD is generally cheaper and has better deals Intel is known for being more expensive and better performance

sentner

They are just different manufacturers of x86 compatible processors. AMD chips tend to be better for video encoding and gaming, while Intel is usually better for applications like Office. The latest Intel chips beat the newest AMD chips for most things though, but at a higher price.

zebra

AMD is better.I believe what you a referring to is "higher performance per watt", in addition, compared to intel, have a "higher performance per dollar" too, which makes them very attractive.No, AMD actually makes processors that can school Intel, and they cost less. However, it's just that nobody submits 3dmark scores for 6 core Opterons...AMD/ATI's GPU's also school Intel's GMA, (haha, what a cheap shot), in addition to Nvidia's GPU's (arguably)

gregegg10

Really the biggest difference is price. Intel may have a slight edge in posted performance, but in a real world application they function Identically. You will have many people who tell you that Intel is the best, but it simply is not true. I always buy AMD because it is cheaper.

FunSun

AMD is another CPU manufacturer smaller that Intel. Some Intel chips are faster than some AMD chips and some AMD chips are faster than some intel chips. Highest end intel chips are faster than highest end AMD chips. So to compare them, you need to look at each chip separately.

Lucee Girl

Simple, really. Which one do I prefer? AMD, because that's what I started using years ago after Intel showed me really poor performance. My last two computers have had AMD, and any future computer will have AMD, also. You asked for my opinion, and that's what you have gotten.

Mark0267

AMD is better for gaming and the intel is more for everything else but recently its gotten to the point where its so close it dosnt matter anymore.