Honesty pays 2-to-1 for Texas teen

FTA Hacker

DALLAS, -- An honest Texas teenager who thought she had lost out on $2,000 in unclaimed cash she turned in was given double that amount by an anonymous donor.
Shepton High School freshman Ashley Donaldson had come across the money in the parking lot at Pavillion Center in Dallas in February. Despite her family's financial straits, she turned it in, thinking the money would become hers if no one claimed it.
But Dallas officials changed city policy and tossed the $2,000 in its general fund after it went unclaimed.
WFAA-TV, Dallas, aired a story on the honest teen's unfortunate turn of events, and within hours a mystery benefactor from Fort Worth stepped in and gave her and her family $4,000.
"I was completely shocked," she said. "I couldn't breathe ... . I was just so happy and just so amazed at how they could do that for me."
Donaldson, her four siblings and parents had moved from Colorado to Texas last November and until two weeks ago were living in a one-bedroom apartment. Though still facing financially tough times, they have now moved into a home in Plano.