I have an XFX GeForce 8800GTS. Am I better off downloading drivers from XFX or NVidia?

Davie

I downloaded the latest NVidia drivers from the NVidia website last time and wondered if I did the right thing. I realise that XFX will be supplying me with NVidia drivers as well, but in terms of getting the best compatibility, should I download the latest available from NVidia for the chipset I have, or download the recommended drivers from XFX?

RAUL G

its the same thing, your ganna get the same thing, the driver is made by nVidia they made the chip, xfx just puts the card together makes it look cool and sells it.

I do not know

You can actually download both nVidia and XFX. I would suggest you download from XFX because they are the manufacturer of your video card. However if they seem to be running bad on your system, you can always uninstall the drivers and download the original ones from nVidia.But in reality their drivers are the same pretty much, just different utilities to adjust the video card's performance. But yeah..I prefer you to download the XFX drivers and utilities. You shouldn't run into any problems.

Sam I Am

nvidia... xfx is 3rd party... nvidia is the source. they should always have the latest necessities.. xfx will add in extras u dont need.

vermillionx73

The board maker is XFX, but the chips and reference design are still Nvidia. Third party drivers sometimes add extra functions that you might not want. Not sure about XFX, but Asus did that with that with their so-called "Splendid" technology. Splendid was made to enhance video, but it made my screen purple. Nvidia's drivers are always up-to-date than the makers. Go with them.