I need Windows XP Drivers for my Toshiba Satellite M305D-S4829?

josephbluefish

I want to install a copy of Windows XP Professional on my new Toshiba Satellite M305D-S4829, but I can't find any drivers anywhere, if someone could do a little bit of research and find the drivers for me that would be greatly appreciated!!!Thanks so much!

ghowriter

I just searched the Toshiba website and found only one XP driver - the touchpad. I can assume that you are trying to upgrade from Vista. What you will need to do is get the hardware information from the computer while Vista is installed so finding the drivers is managable. Use the built in System Information tool or download and run SIW (http://www.gtopala.com/) and then go to the Hardware tab and export this information and then paste here the entries for video, audio, and LAN (including Wireless, if any). After seeing this information I can attempt to locate XP drivers for this laptop. I have done this upgrade from Vista to XP several times and if you install XP before finding the drivers for XP, you may have problems finding the right drivers.You could also send an email to me with the exported hardware text file attached as this would make things easier. Use this ID for the email - ghowriter@yahoo.com