Quotes on firing of Cowboys coach Wade Phillips

CASPER

Reactions to Cowboys coach Wade Phillips' firing.

"We all have our maker, we all have our judgment. Wade today is a vivid example of accountability." — Cowboys owner-general manager Jerry Jones.

___

"I think anybody involved in this organization, really from the top down, is disappointed with our season so far and how we got here. Having said that, we're all excited about what we're going to do going forward. This is about going forward." — Cowboys interim coach Jason Garrett, who was promoted from offensive coordinator and assistant head coach.

___

"I put all the responsibility on ourselves as players. We're the ones out there on the field. It's tough." — Cowboys receiver Miles Austin.

___

"If I knew (the problem) I would have said something a long time ago. We wouldn't be here talking about this. Nobody knows. You can ask anybody else the same question. They'll probably give you the same answer I just did." — Cowboys defensive tackle Jason Ratliff.

___

"The environment and how things were down there, everything turned for the worse. Everybody saw it coming." — Panthers linebacker Jason Williams, a 2009 draft pick by Dallas who was released last week.

___

"They've had a tough time. Obviously, they didn't meet the expectations. They're having a hard time right now in my opinion without the quarterback. It's just very unfortunate." — Titans coach Jeff Fisher, whose team beat the Cowboys this season.

___

"As far as us looking at the tape and studying again the Dallas team and knowing it's a divisional game, they should know very well the talent level of their team. We'll be focused on this as a divisional game at home." — Giants coach Tom Coughlin, whose team plays the Cowboys on Sunday.

___

"We just need wins; that'll cure all." — Cowboys kicker David Buehler.

___

"I would like to express my sincere appreciation to the fans of the Cowboys and to the entire Jones family for all of the support that we received here in Dallas. I would also like to thank our coaches and players for their loyalty and dedication. I told the team today that I have been proud to be a part of their family, and that will never change. I have enjoyed the privilege and responsibility of representing this franchise as its head coach. I am disappointed in the results of this season to this point, but I am also very proud of what our team and our players accomplished in the previous three years. In good times and difficult times, our players stuck together and never lost hold of their belief in each other and the strong team bond that they have shared. Family and coaching football have always defined my life and I will always be grateful for my experiences here with the Dallas Cowboys." — Phillips' full statement.