Remarried husband says 1st wedding invalid

A

AALARD

Remarried husband says 1st wedding invalid

NEW YORK, A Florida man who had a romantic wedding at Disneyworld three years after his first marriage in Italy says his wife first wife knew their marriage wasn't valid.

Lynn France, who lives in Cleveland, says the marriage was legally binding. In an interview on NBC's "Today Show," she said she knew her husband was cheating but found out about his 2008 wedding on Facebook.

Now, John and Lynn France are fighting it out in court and on "Today." Their two sons are living in Tampa, Fla., with John and their stepmother, Amanda, who calls them her "little loves" on Facebook.

John denies being underhanded.

"I was not carrying on a double life, no way," France said. "I'm no angel, OK? But Lynn knew everything I was doing."

Lynn says she first suspected problems in her marriage when her husband told her he was leaving on a business trip to China and did not take his passport.

John France dressed as Prince Charming for his second wedding. For his first, he and Lynn, accompanied by a few family members and friends, flew to Amalfi on the Italian Riviera.

He said he learned in 2008 after deciding he wanted a divorce that the marriage was invalid because of a clerical error.