Science Photos

CASPER

capt.photo_1245438065405-1-0.jpg

Whalers cut open and inspect a 35-tonne fin whale one of two fin whales caught aboard a Hvalur boat off the coast of Hvalfjsrour, north of Reykjavik, on the western coast of Iceland

capt.photo_1245438127405-1-0.jpg

The tails of two 35-tonne Fin whales are bound to a Hvalur boat after being caught off the coast of Hvalfjsrour, north of Reykjavik, on the western coast of Iceland

capt.photo_1245436746089-1-0.jpg

A bunch of children toys. Canada's Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq on Friday proposed banning six commonly-used chemicals in soft vinyl toys and child-care articles, as well as new strict limits for lead in products.

capt.g061104a.jpg

Astronaut Julie Payette listens to a question during a news conference Monday, Feb. 11, 2008 in Montreal.

capt.photo_1245423573577-1-0.jpg

Kenya Wildlife Service warden displays some of the 33 tusks that were intercepted from poacher in Marsabit in 2003. Trafficking in ivory and game meat has become one of the most lucrative illegal trades in Africa due to rising demand in Asia, experts said on Friday.

capt.photo_1245411886539-1-0.jpg

US astronaut Buzz Aldrin speaks during a press conference in Hong Kong. NASA should focus on sending a man to Mars and helping other nations travel in space, Aldrin said.

capt.photo_1245395683773-1-0.jpg

This undated photo shows a Thai custom officer inspecting illegal ivory at the airport in Bangkok. Bangkok has emerged as the main hub for illegal ivory activities, accounting for more than 70 percent of the retail outlets in Thailand offering ivory items for sale, according to a wildlife trade monitoring group.

capt.photo_1245378355804-6-0.jpg

This NASA handout image shows the liftoff of an Atlas V rocket carrying the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter and Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Satellite bound for the moon, on June 18, from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida.

capt.photo_1245339756454-6-0.jpg

This NASA handout photo shows NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, or LRO, and Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Satellite, or LCROSS. NASA Thursday launched two probes into space in the first step of a long journey to return mankind to the moon in 2020.

capt.photo_1245362942580-6-0.jpg

This NASA file image taken by the Galileo spacecraft shows the Moon. NASA blasted two probes into space Thursday on a landmark lunar exploration mission to scout water sources and landing sites in anticipation of sending mankind back to the moon in 2020.

Last edited:

Beware Beware

PreferredByPete.com Enthusiast
Hey Wizzard just wondering if you can help me out when I try to veiw these pics all I see is a box with a square & X in the middle there must be a simple fix or setting ...by the way I am on a new computer maybe a program I'm missing Thanks