Still no crown for King as James, Heat fall short

CASPER

MIAMI – Good thing LeBron James had that big party when he arrived here last summer.

For now, that's the only celebration he gets in Miami.

He brought his talents to South Beach to win titles, so he'd have All-Star help around him and he wouldn't have to carry the team.

Problem was, the Heat couldn't carry LeBron.

His first finals with the Heat ended Sunday night with the Dallas Mavericks' 105-95 victory in Game 6. James started strong and faltered at the finish, just the way the Heat did in this series.

James agreed the loss felt like a "personal failure" but also said "it hurts of course, but I'm not going to hang my head low."

And he said he wouldn't let it bother him that so many were so happy to see him fail.

"Absolutely not, because at the end of the day, all the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today," James said. "They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.