What are the latest stable nVidia drivers for a 7900 on Vista64?

wowfood

ask because i recently upgraded my entire PC and the latest drivers seem extremely unstable. as in, they're just barely managing to render 3d. I know that some older drivers work fine, just trying to figure out what the most stable drivers are(what kind of company releases new drivers which are LESS stable for goodness sake, its like turning around and running backwards.)

Neely the great

check on the website, if you want more info go on to the forums, there are lots of people to help you out. Just so you know nVidia continually optimizes it graphic card driver to try to suit everyone, so being perfect at rendering means performance issues, that is why sometimes you think that nVidia releases 'less' stable drivers.

JohnnyMAC

According to Nvidia's website, Geforce 175.16 dated may 16th 2008 is the newest driver set for the 7900 and vista 64bit. One thing to consider, the 7900 series card is designed for Directx9.0c and not Directx10. While the card might still work with Directx10 that comes with Vista, the 7000 series was the last series designed for Windows XP and directx9.0c. If you are finding your video performing less than optimally for you, either consider reverting back to Windows XP and Directx9.0c or upgrading your Graphics Card to something in the 8000 series which was designed to run with Directx10 and vista. The nice thing with Nvidia drivers is they use a unified driver set so that they can try to make one driver that works for all their produced cards and either Directx version, unfortunately some limitations occur when doing this as does happen in other products. They do however release multiple driver sets that are tweaked to the card series and operating system, meaning that if you look for the same card and Windows XP, they will probably have a different driver series because they have tweaked that set specifically for Directx9.0c.