What’s the difference between AMD & Intel Core Duo Processors?

Lenny

AMD processors are more for gaming and Intel Dual Core for any other work. Virtually they are the same thing. AMD's are usually cheaper. AMD also is a bit faster when booting an application but starts to show speeds that a Intel proccessor would. I would reccomend AMD if your gaming. Intel if you are photoshopping.

vijju

There isn't much difference in the performance but, it matter in cost. AMD is quite cheap than compared to Intel but, it has equal performance to Intel. I prefer AMD.

simar

amd supports games very much and core duo is for work and it also supports games it think u must buy a duo corei also have that WISH U GOOD LUCK

demaman

I would say AMD has improved its chips a lot. So it can easily compete with Intel. AMD chips are also use up less power, which can add up as far as savings on energy goes. They also don't need to be cooled as much because they use less power, they don't get as warm. As far as performance goes, depends on what kind of programs you are running, but I'd say not they are pretty competative.

fnkycolmedina

Intel's Core Duo CPU's are more recent, and beat AMD's X2 in most benchmarks. This site should have all the information you need:http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/index.html

abinesh_td

Advantages of AMD1. AMD has the best gaming processors these daysas they have a larger cache 2. Dual cores (in the X2's and even numbered FX's) talk directly to each other3. New Athlon chips have a dedicated memory bus, which means that they communicate with the computer's RAM on one line and the rest of the computer on another, rather than having all communication jammed into a single bus.4. Athlon has adopted Enhanced Virus Protection (EVP) which is a processor-level virus blocker. Intel has plans to use this in the future, but Athlon has it now.5. Dual core seems to make all the difference .. AMD is leading the pack right now. And, they are cheaper6.AMD chips use less energy and are cheaper to equilivant Intel chips.Disadvantages of AMD1.if you choose AMD you are limited to DDR memory an Intel processor you can use the faster DDR2 memory 2.AMD uses crystal® technology which i love it!! but if you give it hard work for long time the crystals start to burn and you will burn your CPU!!!3.AMD is less stableAdvantages of Intel1. People prefer Intel because they are familiar with it and so they have brand loyalty,2. in an Intel processor you can use the faster DDR2 memory 3. INTEL® uses cabon™ technology which is not bad but if you work on TOO fast and HEAVY proccesing the carbon starts to warm and reduces the CPU REAL time4. AMD can give you better gaming performance, but since the graphics card is more inportant nowadays, I would go with Intel. Their chips offer better stability.5.Intel is much more suitable for office applications.Disadvantages of Intel1. Latest Intel models are really getting crushed by AMD for gaming2.on the dual core, the data has to leave the processor to go to the other core.