Businessman Donates To Woman In Black Friday Theft

Scammer

Banned
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Just hours after her door-buster bargains were swiped from her trunk on Black Friday, a businessman more than 1,000 miles away stepped up to show one South Florida woman the true meaning of the Christmas holiday.

Alan Howard said he saw WPBF 25's story on CNN.com on Friday and posted a message that he wanted to help.

In true holiday spirit fashion, the small business owner from Long Island, N.Y., donated funds to help a complete stranger here in West Palm Beach after her car was broken into and all her Christmas gifts were stolen.

The last 24 hours have been a roller coaster of emotions for Kerry Ann Brown, she said.

On Friday, after camping outside a West Palm Beach Best Buy for days, someone broke into her car and stole the Christmas gifts she worked so hard to get.

"I saw the story on news, felt bad for you and want to give you a $1,000 gift certificate," Howard said.

Howard owns Plesser's Appliances in Babylon, N.Y. He contacted WPBF, saying he would replace up to $1,000 worth of merchandise that was stolen.

"I can't speak. I don't have words to comprehend how I'm feeling right now," Brown said.

Before they were stolen, Brown had brought three computers that she was going to send to her high school-age family in Jamaica to use for schoolwork. With the donation, Brown said she plans to purchase the same computers and send them to the students.