Dark

I have a 2.4 rating in my Asus Eee PC Netbook only because of the Intel atom n450, can i just buy and install the intel core i7 in my netbook, if not can i make my computer any faster?

James-007

>Can I put the Intel core i7 in my 2010 Asus Eee PC netbook?No, because their architectures are different, and second, the Atom N450 is actually embedded in the motherboard, it doesn't even have a socket to accommodate CPU replacements.>if not can i make my computer any faster? Apart from overclocking the processor and motherboard there is no other way. But it isn't something that can be done on all netbook models, and certainly isn't something that can be done safely (it can cause hardware damage as well as voiding your warranty). Netbooks don't cool themselves very well, they run hot enough already.Netbooks are built for basic usage, if you wanted performance you would have purchased a Core i7 laptop instead.

Sassifrass13

No, the Atom and the i7 are completely different processors using different sockets and technologies plus netbooks and laptops are not upgradeable except for RAM and hard drives (except in the case of a few high end gaming laptops). Plus even if you somehow managed to get the i7 in you would just overheat the processor as a netbook is simply too small to accommodate the cooling necessary for an i7, the Atom is a low power processor for a reason, to keep down on heat production.Basically when you buy a netbook, you need to buy it with the idea what's it's got will be fine for what you want/need because that netbook will basically always be like that (I mean you can upgrade the RAM but netbooks can generally only go up by 512MB-1GB of RAM so the performance improvement while noticeable isn't going to change the fact everything else is still bad).

Zachy

No and even if you could it would be a waste of money because your speed will be determined by your weakest part. You could have a super fast CPU with only 512 MB of Ram and you would not see the full potential of the i7. The best you could do is increase your Ram to the max.

Zachy

Nope.It is a netbook, and it would be to hard to install a new processorMotherboard does not support it, different socketsYou atom is one processor, one core, with 2 threadsan i7 is one processor, two cores, with 4 threads, and a 45nm GPU It would be too big, and probably too hotHere is how to make it faster,Upgrade RAM from 1 GB to 2GB or 2GB to 4GB, first see if it supports that much RAM.If running Windows, click on start, right click on computers, click Properties, click Advanced System Settings, and click on performance, and choose for best performance.Run windows disk cleaner weeklyRun disk defragmenter monthlyMove files to an external hard drive if it is more than 75% full