editing channels on VS Extreme?

flamethis

Is there a way to add a single channel to your reciever? I'm missing channel 608, maybe others I'm not sure but 608 is what I'm trying to get now..

Can I add just the one or do I need to blind scan or something? If I scan now will I end up with doubles of all my channels?

archange187

Is there a way to add a single channel to your reciever? I'm missing channel 608, maybe others I'm not sure but 608 is what I'm trying to get now..

Can I add just the one or do I need to blind scan or something? If I scan now will I end up with doubles of all my channels?

Hello flame, this can be done in serveral ways....

1. download a channel list. This will over write your current list and add any missing channels you may or may not get.

2. blind scan - would be a great idea if you had a "true" fta reciever. Not highly recomended on a viewsat. Altho the extreme has hardware blind scan unlike the plat/lite that is software based, still not recomened but MAY work. Might have a risc of doubles

3. Add the missing transponders /channels in your satinfo file. Software can de donwloaded to edit this file and add the transponders and channels you are missing. A list of transponders and channels can be found at http://www.lyngsat.com

Hope that helps..

-Angel

CASPER

IT WILL NOT HURT IF YOU DO FACTORY RESET TO CLEAN OUT OLD FILES AND CHANNELS, BUT IF YOU DO MAKE SURE YOU WRIGHT DOWN YOUR SAT SETTINGS.....I DO IT LIKE EVERY 2 MONTHS THIS BRINGS MY DELETED OR MISSING CHANNELS BACK....IT'S YOUR CHOICE........JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT....