SETWIRE

Nimiq 1 + Yes
Nimiq 4 + No, Bell has narrowed spot beam

Nimiq 4's narrower beam still reaches NY City no problem.

Here is the footprint for the Nimiq 4 Bev 82 Sat ----which is mostly all HD Channels.

Attachments

• Nimiq4footprint-1.jpg
    Nimiq4footprint-1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 28

ftarider1

Thanks guys for all your help. But Setwire from the footprint you posted, it clearly shows that New York City is in the fringe area and will require a 72" dish. However some of New York State can get it with a 24" dish. I was trying to locate this updated Nimiq-4 footprint but could not find it. Can you tell us where you got this? I was able to pull in Nimiq-1 with quality of 89 but with only 46 with Nimiq-4. That is why I posted this question. This footprint answeres my question.

SETWIRE

Thanks guys for all your help. But Setwire from the footprint you posted, it clearly shows that New York City is in the fringe area and will require a 72" dish. However some of New York State can get it with a 24" dish. I was trying to locate this updated Nimiq-4 footprint but could not find it. Can you tell us where you got this? I was able to pull in Nimiq-1 with quality of 89 but with only 46 with Nimiq-4. That is why I posted this question. This footprint answeres my question.

Glad i could be of assistance.
I looked long and hard for that footprint and i can't remember where I eventually found it -----But I changed the colours in it to make it clearer ------Why don't you just right click on it and save it to your computer and you to will have a copy of it on your computer, to assist when the info is needed by others.

ftarider1

Will do. I just wanted to know the website because I cannot find one. They all show the old Nimiq 2 footprint.

SETWIRE

Will do. I just wanted to know the website because I cannot find one. They all show the old Nimiq 2 footprint.

Yes ---It took me a very long search to find that Nimiq 4 correct footprint-----Unfortunately it was a long time ago and i can't remember the site I copied the pic from.

Rwny1

Hi all
I spent all weekend trying to catch 91 and 82 on one dish 500
I only caught 91
Pulled in 242 tv and 41 radio
Did I catch all of them
I have a spare dish 500
Think I can get 82 from brooklyn ny 11235
Should I buy a bigger dish
If So What do u recommend size brand etc
Thanks
Ftarider where in NYC r u
Wat dish did u use? Thx

westnear

Hello, I have a home in florida and have a bell expressvu system there. I realize that I cannot get any signal with a normal dish, and see that there are 1.2 meter dishes available for Hawaii and Alaska, is there any hope that I can get any signal on 82 for the high definition channels with that configuration?

Rwny1

Hi westnear
Good luck
Just from reading around
I don't think 82's footprint comes anywhere near fl
I read it might only come to some parts of ny and up
Good luck if u attempt to catch it
I tried this weekend to see if I could pick it up but was unsuccessful
Any tips from anyone would be appreciated

SETWIRE

Hello, I have a home in florida and have a bell expressvu system there. I realize that I cannot get any signal with a normal dish, and see that there are 1.2 meter dishes available for Hawaii and Alaska, is there any hope that I can get any signal on 82 for the high definition channels with that configuration?

No ----No hope at all.
You could have a 100 foot Dish at your location but you are totally out of the Bev 82 footprint so best forget about ever receiving the Bev 82 sat.

You are not even in the fringe area.

Attachments

• Nimiq4 footprint-1.jpg
    Nimiq4 footprint-1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

SETWIRE

Hi westnear
Good luck
Just from reading around
I don't think 82's footprint comes anywhere near fl
I read it might only come to some parts of ny and up
Good luck if u attempt to catch it
I tried this weekend to see if I could pick it up but was unsuccessful
Any tips from anyone would be appreciated

No tips ---just look at the footprint in my post -----Not a hope in hell of ever receiving Bev 82 sat signal in Florida.