nvidia fx-5200 reboots PC. I have latest drivers. Is there any way to fix this issue? It is very irritating.?

Haider Raza

The nvidia FX-5200 video card has a problem in it. It reboots the PC everytime a graphics extensive application is run but after 15 min. of rebooting and waiting it works fine. I have downloaded the latest drivers and everything but this problem still persists. Is there any way in the world to fix this?It only happens when I turn on my PC in the morning for the very first time. I thought it was the memory but it is not the memory because I changed it and made sure both memory chips were the speed etc. The cooling is not a problem because my case has 3 fans.

you probably have faulty ram or cruddy clock settings.take your pc into a professional and see what they can do to stabalize your systemedit: your system is just okey dory then, isn't it? use less intense clock speeds. what is your system? amd?i have the same card, and the same problems. just don't use too aggressive clock settings on the ram (like CL2.5 versus CL2)reach me at evil@evildomain.org if you need further help, as i dont like checking back on answers

Gimp

It could be overheating. Get a bigger system fan. My buddy had the same problem. After getting a couple of new fans, it worked fine.Hope this helps.

alchemist_n_tx

First of all, if this is a new install, you need to go into the BIOS and disable your onboard video. If it's a replacement video card, you need to use this to completely get rid of the old video driver: http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.html If neither of those helps, the only other thing I can think of is that your power supply doesn't have enough power for the new card.

Freddie

First off, pull the side-cover and feel the heatsink for the processor. If it is more than a little warm, you need better cooling. Second of all, go get the latest drivers.Go to nVidea...http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.aspAnd go to your mobo manufacturors website for the latest chipset drivers...delete your old drivers completly.If you can select your AGP (1x, 2x, 4x...) set it at 1x.If you have advanced chipset features, disable 'Fastwrite'...Hope this helps.