Titans' Young apologizes for club fight

A

AALARD

Titans' Young apologizes for club fight
NASHVILLE, (UPI) -- Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young apologized to the team and fans Monday after being cited for a weekend fight in a Dallas strip club.

"I don't want to get all into (what happened), but I made a mistake like I told my teammates," Young told The (Nashville) Tennessean after practice. "I apologize to them as well as the organization and all my fans, especially my family, the people that look up to me.

"I made a big mistake, even being out there. But it is in the past. It is over with and now I am letting my legal folks take care of it."

Young also indicated he has pleaded with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to not suspend him over the incident, in which police say Young struck a club employee during a brawl that broke out after a verbal altercation triggered by perceived disrespect.

Titans Coach Jeff Fisher told The Tennessean that potential discipline by the team would remain in-house.

A police report said Young was given a citation for assault following the early Sunday incident at Club Onyx. Surveillance video allegedly shows Young getting into a fight in a small room at the club.

The police report states Young, 27, got into a verbal argument with club employee Creiton Kinchen, 45, and then allegedly struck him. Kinchen suffered a cut lip.

Young had left the club by the time police arrived but was tracked down and was given a Class C assault citation, punishable by a fine of up to $500, The Dallas Morning News reported.

Neither man was arrested.

The altercation allegedly started over Kinchen's negative comments about the University of Texas football team, the newspaper said. Young played for the Longhorns.