smoothops

Hello folks, I'm a freshly started newbie from Ontario, Canada trying to get signals for my CW800. I just stumbled upon a website where I learned that my dish is totally out of orientation and now I know why I've been trying for a week without success. Now that I know a bit more, I'll take the dish down and re-install it with a way to move it to where the signals are. I've heard of motors, but in the spot where my dish is mounted it will be difficult to bring power for the motor, so I wander if there is a manual rotating device in which to mount the dish, so I can move it right and left as needed. Well enough of storytelling for one night, I'll come back tomorrow.
Regards
Fred

archange187

Hello folks, I'm a freshly started newbie from Ontario, Canada trying to get signals for my CW800. I just stumbled upon a website where I learned that my dish is totally out of orientation and now I know why I've been trying for a week without success. Now that I know a bit more, I'll take the dish down and re-install it with a way to move it to where the signals are. I've heard of motors, but in the spot where my dish is mounted it will be difficult to bring power for the motor, so I wander if there is a manual rotating device in which to mount the dish, so I can move it right and left as needed. Well enough of storytelling for one night, I'll come back tomorrow.
Regards
Fred

Welcome to the site... If you are considering a dish motor no need to run power to it. They are powered with the coax from your reciever. Here is a dish pointing utility that is quiet handy. Satellite look-angle calculator

I too and from Ontario, mostly the southern part. :p If you have any other questions just ask, I'm always around and if i'm not casper is here.. PBP rents him a room in the attic :)

-Angel

Beware Beware

PreferredByPete.com Enthusiast
:p If you have any other questions just ask, I'm always around and if i'm not casper is here.. PBP rents him a room in the attic ..:Laugh: Good one
Angel
That sounds about right for Casper..lmao.... Anyway .. Hello Fred nice having you here I'm out west in Van BC Origanlly from Burford Ont. Cheers Enjoy the site . & Good Luck..

Last edited:

waldo69

face sorry for posting here trying 2 lean site a bottle of vodka will come your way soon thnks brother

smoothops

Thanks for the warm welcome guys,
I stumbled upon a site that shows all the info on pointing the dish to the satellites, dishpointer dot com It uses Google maps to show your location and you can even place your dish in the picture. A line on the view shows the orientation of the dish for the satellite you have chosen. it also shows the coordinates, azimuth and elevation to be used, even the LNB skew. I guess I should be posting this in the newbie section for all the other green ones to know. If you guys knew about this site, you'll think that I'm sure I re-invented the wheel and guess what? as far as I'm concerned, I did!!! so have a laugh on the ribs of the Cornwall newbie guy who thinks he re-invented the wheel. :yes:
Thanks for all of your replies and have a great weekend
Fred

CASPER

Regards
Fred

here is a link for converting or re aiming your bev to dish

see if that will help you out..

https://preferredbypete.com/general-fta-discussions/8909-how-re-aim-your-b3v-d-sh-receive-d-sh.html