Status
Not open for further replies.

srameram

I just received a Captive Works 600S receiver. I connected it to my PC via Serial to USB. My computer says that the reciever is not recognized. Do I need a driver for this? If so where can I find one? Do I have to connect the receiver to my tv and dish system first? Any help is greatly appreciated! I AM NEW TO FTA. Thanks again!

CASPER

Is it the cw600 regular or the premium and no what you need is the loader first??????.

And then factory firmware it's here under loaders in the captiveworks section but you need to know what receiver it is first so that you can get the right version for it....if you enter the wrong version you will fry the receiver and damage it ................................

srameram

Thank you very much for your reply! I have a regular CW600s. I was able to download the new bin in my receiver. I connected it to my tv however not many channels are coming through. I have enabled the patch but get several "weak signal" and "invalid channel" messages. I don't think i am selecting the proper sattlites for dish network. can you advise me? Thanks so very much!!!!!

CASPER

Your settings should look like this

in Antenna Settings

first you scan 119 then you will see a message that say's only FTA you must choose no

sat name echo 7 (119)w
Transponder 12224
Lnb freq 11250
lnb type ocs-dp
22khz Auto
diseqc number LNB1
Legacy sw off
motorised system none

sat name echo 8 (110)w
Transponder 12224
Lnb freq 11250
lnb type ocs-dp
22khz Auto
diseqc number LNB2
Legacy sw off
motorised system none

srameram

Casper7, Thanks for all your help. Finally got all channels except for channel 120 (The History Channel). I got channels 119 and 121 but not 120. The History channel is one of my faves. Any help in getting that channel would be appreciated. Once again THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

CASPER

you will need to do factory reset on the channel list only and then rescan your channels again...

srameram

Did the factory reset on the channel list only and rescanned. No help. had to rescan twice because the first time I got some arab channels. Also noticed that I wasn't getting disney channels either. it is getting late here in my part of the country. I will try again tomorrow. When I got the arab channels I scaned Sat 119 and then 110. Open for any other advice. I'll let you know the results. I very much appreciate your help!

CASPER

You probably scan something wrong, you should of not gotten the arab channels. It only happens when you get the scanning choice were it say's FTA only It must be no in that box

srameram

I'm scanning in the antenna setting menu. I click the auto search button and it asks me "only FTA channels search?" The box says "no" and I click ok. It Then goes through its search. I don't know what else I could be doing wrong. When it is searching the left side of the screen says TV and the right side says Radio. Does it matter which satellite is scanned first? should I download and install file for the long names of the channels?

srameram

Thanks for your reply. I have reset all to factory default and rescanned in the auto mode after configuring the city(chicago, IL). I have set the sats per your instructions. I do get most DN channels. However, some that I don't get are: History; Disney; Comcast sports; and some Fox sports channels. My STB info is as follows: Model ID = CX_Kround; H/W Ver = V1.00; S/W Ver = V2.03; Loader Ver = V2.50. Any advice? Is there any other software I need to load? I belive this is a new receiver. Thanks so much

CASPER

no everything you have is right do not know why you are missing those channels....Quick question when you did the factory reset did you choose all including channel list. Because if you did'nt then that's the problem....

srameram

at first i did the channel list only like you had previously suggested. i later tried "all". this is the top button on the screen. This helped but I didn't get all the channels. I am thinking of doing a rescan on my sats but changing the settings. I would try using "Legacy switch" and changing Disegc to "none". Do you think that would help? I also don't know if changing LNB type to Normal would help. What do you think? I got these ideas from a "Guide to Scan your Satellites" on the forum.

CASPER

go ahead and try it that's what testing all about, and yes change the lnb type to normal but alway's make sure you sat 119 is lnb first then 110 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.