Kevin0707

I have a network hard drive, and it has installation for windows, but i dont know how to set it up on a mac.Id like to be able to set it up so that my computer downstairs which is windows and other laptops can browse the harddrive through the network.any answers?

It really all depends on your NAS drive. Most NAS drives have an admin interface. Find out the IP address of the drive on your network and then go there via safari or firefox. You'll need to log in. Check the manual to find out the default password and username. Then you'll need to set up a SAMBA share and probably a user/password for you mac to connect to the share. Once you've set up the share and the user for the mac to connect to, click the Network/Server name /connect button in Finder. If you want it to reconnect automatically next time you start your Mac.1) Run "Sytem Preferences"2) Select "Accounts"3)Select the User you want to change by double clicking4) Click on "Login Items"5) Drag your share over to the Login Items pane. That will add it.6) Close "System Preferences".