I have a canon mp 160 printer and after I refilled the ink I have an e5 error code how do i reset it?

Mr Opinion

the e5 code means that the printer thinks that the wrong cartridge is in the printer, which isn't so. It is the same cartridge as before.also, it can't print at all now not even a test page or clean nozzles or any maintenance...

Marmalade

I have not got my other Canon printer installed which is similar to yours to check but sounds like you need to reset the printer. Mine used to do that and I would have an orange triangle light up I seem to remember. There should be a little button on the panel that has a red triangle inside a red circle. Hold this down hard until the orange light goes of. If it does not work first time try turning the printer off then on after a minute and if that still does not help press the re-set button again. It seems like ages that you are holding the button but it needs a firm press or it won't work.

peregoman

sounds like to me that you have cartidge burnout...an old cartidge or one that was run dry. The way to tell this is take the cartidge back to the store that refilled it, and ask them to run a test page on their printer. If it doesn't work with their's, then it is time to buck up and either replace the cartidge or get a new printer, hope it helps!