Latency Problem While Recording and Hearing Playback Through The Headphones?

Aaron-Four

Hi, just need someone to help me out of this.I got latency problems while I'm recording and hearing playback through my headphones. Could u help me to just solve this just please. I got Windows 7 and recording with Samson C03U Usb Condenser Microphone. Using Acid Pro / Vegas ProI hear my sound in headphones a bit late at the time when I'm recording

hawkeye9

That is a good USB mic BUT it does not allow direct monitoring as some other USB mics do. Some USB mics have a headphone jack built into the mic - that is the only way you can do it with no delay.There is no way to fix this problem with that mic because the computer takes time to process the mic signal - that time is the annoying delay.You have two options - give up on trying to directly monitor your recordings on the headphones - just use the meters to keep an eye on your levels while recording.Option two - but a new USB mic with a headphone jack or a USB interface with a headphone jack and a new regular (non-usb) mic.http://www.amazon.com/MXL-Studio1-USB-USB-Desktop-Recording/dp/B001E9X80K/ref=sr_1_9?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1297781303&sr=1-9