marbleeyesjg

To start, I have read the post about how to use the 250SMPVR posted by Caspar7 and it sounds like it will do what I need.

I guess what I want to make sure of is this:

Can it be programmed to record a show at a certain time on one channel and also be programmed to record a show at another time on another channel. Will it automatically change to that channel or would I have to do it manually? Yes, I am certainly challenged when it comes to this sort of stuff. Before I purchase one, I want to make sure it works so it doesn't end up in the same pile as those "signal boosters" I've wasted money on in the past.:)

Thanks for your patience with a newbie and your support.

CASPER

I believe you can watch another channel and record a different one...that's if your tv supports (pip) Picture in Picture....

marbleeyesjg

I don't think I stated myself on this correctly.

I'm not concerned about recording one while watching another. I'll have this set to a different TV. I'm curious if, say I leave the receiver on. Can I program it to record a program from 7 to 8 on channel A and program it to record a program from 8:30 to 10 on Channel B, without having to manually switch the channel? In other words, can I program those to things in, walk away, come back at 10:15 and have both programs recorded?

Thanks!!!!

CASPER

No you would have to set the second channel and leave it ...the box does not support autochannel change like coolsat does....

marbleeyesjg

Thanks. I am DN and use Sat Echo 7 and Echo 8.1. Could you recommend a Coolsat that does the autochannel change? One that is as easy to set up and update as the Pansat? Like I've said, I'm clueless to this kind of stuff. A friend showed me how to do the Pansat 2700, beyond that, I'm helpless. Thanks for any information on a Coolsat receiver that you can provice.

CASPER

Coolsat 7000 works great and it give's you the option to set a different channel at a different time to view or record........

Last edited: