bubba72

:confused: This SV4000 belongs to a friend. Cannot get colour. Problem is not with TV, it is with the receiver. Someone said to make sure "TV Type is set to "PAL" but receiver will not let me in there to change the setting. Have done factory reset and everything I can think of but that section is frozen. Any suggestions on how to unlock this area or fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

CASPER

Factory reset will not fix that, I had that happen to me one's on a coolsat and the only thing that fixed it was turning receiver off from the front then the rear unplug the Lnb line in take out the rc plugs from receiver to tv, turn receiver on from back then front wait 3 minutes or so then turn back of from both powers again plug everything back on to receiver rc and lnb line turn receiver on from back first then front and you should be watching tv now....good luck

bubba72

ur welcome let me know if it worket out for you

Thanks for all your help Casper7. Nothing has worked to restore the color as yet. Even the new bin that came out last night hasn't helped.
Do you know if there is any kind of a program or Jtag equivalent to "virginize or repair" the Sonicview receivers. I know you can't jtag them (they don't have the hookup) but I'm hoping there is something out there to try.

CASPER

Well I don't test Sonicview but I will look around if I find something or someone I'll let you know...