thechief

My unit fails to download any file past the 265 via USB download, but is successful via null modem cable, but in both methods will lock up my unit when it tries to reboot itself. Cables connected, or cables disconnected, makes no difference. The only way I am successfully able to access the menu after lock up is to redownload the Factory bin via cable. My receiver downloads ALL files 265 and previous, both USB and cable, and will rescan/download satellite/channel information like it was brand new...it just refuses to reboot with the 269's, 270, and 272 under any circumstance. I have been doing this for quite some time and I believe I have tried everything. Anyone have any ideas why the automatic rebooting fails? i'd sure appreciate any help. Thanks.

thechief

Thanks CASPER7 for your reply. Yes, I have tried the Factory Reset/Default and the 272P Improvement Fix. The Factory Default clears everything like it's supposed to, and every old bin including 265 and prior works like clockwork. Besides the USB, I have even tried loading the recent bins with both the 201 and 210 loaders. All bin downloads, (incl. Factory) and automatic reboots are successful except for when I try to download any of the following: the 266, 269's, 270, and 272's. The USB downloads with these bins show Failed and also fail to reboot, resulting in lockup. These current bins downloaded via null modem cable show Successful, but then the unit fails to reboot itself, and results in lockup. I then have to download Factory or 265 or prior via null modem to get back to working status - other than requiring a current update. ????