why does my norcent lm550 lcd monitor turn off but I could still see the desktop even though it is so dark?

Mr Opinion

Problems with Norcent lm550 lcd monitor.I recently got a norcent Lm550 from someone and when I connect it to the computer, the screen flashes so fast under a second. I flash a flashlight at the monitor and can see the desktop,but its so dark. What can I do to fix it?

mustangmanbiffy

This is probably caused by the cable that goes to the lights in the monitor. I've had this happen on two different laptop monitors before.What you need to do is take the monitor apart. (Usually there's about 4 screws on the back)Then look for a cable that goes to the light inside. (On laptop monitors it is usually a pink and white pair)Follow the cable to both ends and make sure that they are plugged in correctly. (Do this for all the cables inside if you have time)Plug the monitor in and turn it on to see if it is back to normal. (Make sure you don't touch anything metal inside while it is on)If it works, unplug the monitor and put it back together.