horsebkridr

My Computer's HDD met it's fate recently, didn't crash, rather so much crap on it the computer performance was comparable to a snail race. Nothing works better than a fresh install of windows! So I went ahead and re-installed Windows, everything went fine - except - my Graphics Card. It's a Diamond ATI Radeon HD 3450 on the AGP bus. Windows demands to call it "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" I went to ATI and ran the whole Catalyst Program - the report said everything was a success...yet...Windows still says its a Standard VGA Adapter. I tried to make Windows hunt for the ATI drivers, to no avail. I've looked around for a driver outside of ATI's Catalyst. Nothing. How do I make Catalyst give Windows the driver? I hunted the install folders on Windows, found a driver setup EXE, but that just tells me to run Catalyst. Any help?

What version of Windows are you using? I am assuming that since your still using AGP cards that your on Windows XP.Anyways, the driver for your Graphic card's chipset can be found here:http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xpJust download the driver only if you have the Catalyst installed already.