How do I protect my iPod Touch applications and photos after I lost the host computer?

ej105

Here is the problem.When I bought my iPod Touch I registered it to a computer. When I try to plug it into a different computer, it warns me that I will lose all my applications if I switch computers. The original computer that I registered my iPod to no longer exists so I need a new host computer.I do not want to lose the information on my iPod, they are too important. How can I change computers without losing the info on my iPod?Thank you.

James-007

You need to authorize your new itunes library with the SAME itunes account you used to purchase your old apps. You can re-download any application after you have bought it from the itunes store as many times you want. After you authorized your new computer right click or control click the ipod tab then click "Transfer purchased music and video" for any songs or movies you bought from the itunes storeIf you want to back up music/videos you downloaded from other sources like Amazon.ca to your new computer, please try http://www.getsharepod.com/ it is a free automatic backup solution that supports all ipod models.

cory

I don't know how to answer anything but saving your music that's on your IPod.There are programs I've heard of you can download (some for free, some not) where you can transfer your music (not sure about anything else) onto a new computer FROM your IPod. From what I've read about them, the jest of the program is you plug your IPod into the new computer (where you've downloaded the program too), you tell iTunes if it comes up that you don't want to sync it and just close iTunes, then you open the program and it kind of copy's and transfers the music to the computer.I've never used one of the programs personally, I was going to use one but decided to burn all my music to disks so I'd have hard copies of it all.You'd have to research, maybe even on here ask if people have used them and look around online for reviews on them, but I have some tech-savy friends who say that's the draw-back with iPods, usually you lose it all.Good luck

boBet

File is not all in your itunes libraryyou have itunes account, username serial no.of Ipodthey protected what you!ve purchased.application file is located in window explorer IPA.You can use the Transfer Purchases from iPod option under the File menu to copy iTunes Store purchases from the iPod to another computer, you can't transfer songs from other sources from the iPod library to iTunes, Use iPod as a hard disk to transfer music files from one computer to another. This process will require the use of iTunes 7 or later on all computers. Any computers running iTunes 6 or earlier will need to be updated to follow these steps. Download the latest version of iTunes,. Once you have the files transferred, you'll need to authorize any iTunes Store content.