zerodegrees8

VIP Member
OK where to bein first off i am trying to hook up mutiple screen to my computer, currently i have my NVIDIA GEforce 6600 running my Primary computer screen and my tv trough s video, all work perfect.

Now i am trying to add a second video card for a 3rd monitor. (ATI Technologies Inc. 3D RAGE II PCI) When I first inserted the card and booted up it installed itself, and it worked perfect, all 3 screens worked.

Monitors were in the sequence..
Primary Monitor was 3
TV/Svideo was 2
and the recently installed card and monitor went to 1

After a reboot of everything working pefectly fine both screens on my GEforce would not turn on and my 2nd card i installed became Primary (note: that when I went into screen settings the screens from me geforce video cared were in grey boxes in stead off lit up liek normal, so i click on my screen that was primary and click entend my windows monitor to this screen, all the screen in my settings dissappeared, i've tried to extend the windows to my tv also after another reboot and it does the same thing, I check in device manager and it says this device is working properly.

Normally also when i boot up i have a litle Nvidia box in the bottom right hand cornor of my screen that suddenly also stopped loading up on a windows reboot, i went into my controll panel and click on my Nvidia link to open its control panel and nothing happens and nothing opens and there are no error signs or pop ups to tell me if anything is wrong or not. If I take the card out and reboot all is back to normal with my Nvida GE Force video care and everything boots up perfect, i also did a driver update on my ATI card and nothing cam up but in device manager said it was working properly.

I'm sorta stumped, i played around in bios for a bit and i think i somehow disabled the ati video card but then had a error 10 code in the device manager saying (this device cannot start) so I restored bios setting to default everything went back to how it all started, same problems.

No Warranty

Scammer hater
Mixing two different brand name video cards could be a problem. But I will try to help anyway.
I will assume you using windows xp?
Make sure your bios are set to initially use the AGP video card (your Geforce).
You should see a setting called some like:

Initial VGA:
OR
Primary VGA Bios:

Make sure that is on AGP.

Set up the Geforce card the way you want, on the monitor you want. Make sure it is set to single display mode. The nvdia driver only controls the geforce cards.

Then setup your ATI card on the other monitor the way to want, at this point everything should work right.

It would be a lot easier if you got a cheepo nvidia card as for you second display rather then the ATI.

Doom