nguy0750

I currently having service with Dishnetwork. If I hookup a Viewsat maxHD receiver to my network would they know and cut off my service?

thanks,

marbleeyesjg

I don't know for sure, but I would think as long as you pay, they will play. If I'm not mistaken, that fantastically entertaining channel on D***, The Pirate Network, you can keep your existing equipment. They just want the money, money, money! I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will correct me if I'm wrong.

CASPER

very well said Marbleyesjg...and as long as you do not plug in any phone line to it you should be ok the smart card is the the link but if your using an FTA receiver they should be no problem.....

Domando1069

VIP Member
nguy0750
no they won't, as they have no way of knowing what you have. FTA is not a two way system. Do you have HD with dish right now? Because if you don't, you will not get any HD with your FTA reciever as most if not all of dish HD channels have gone to nagra 3

nguy0750

Thanks for all the info guys.

Yes, I have an HD package with dish that I receive all HD channels only, no stand def channels. But I'm still missing some good HD channels because it costs too much for it. Is that mean I should be ok (means get all HD channels) with the Viewsat maxHD receiver right?

CASPER

All hd are now in nagra 3 been moved so they will be black on the receiver.....and pretty soon everything will be down.....